Wednesday, February 27, 2008

` RIP

I just lost Hope today.

15th Feb 2008-27th Feb 2008

God bless her soul. sigh.

Okay. At least my flight to Brisbane, Sydney and back is secured.
God is good.

I'm aching from golf.

I was doing my third class on Royal Icing today.


Sugar Artist cos I finally got my long overdue apron from ICCA. It wasn't all that nice except the Sugar Artist part. Anyway, I call that box my magic box because I stuff everything i need for class in that box. =) No need for extra bags and what nots. I mean. Only for class. Don't get me wrong. I need this entire cupboard at home for my icing stuff alone. I need the entire dry kitchen and round area when I start icing. Well lets say the magic box works wonders in its own way for class.

I don't like the Victorian Rose. It looks very messy. No doubt the petals look more real (because of the curve at the tip) but i'd stick to the Wilton Rose anytime. Oh and I love the rossets. So simple and pretty. Must remember to pipe rose buds. :s

We did like five new flowers today. I'm still waiting for the life sized flower forming class to start. That's a must go. For now, they have Debbie Brown coming down to do a demo on figurine modeling. This Debbie Brown is part of the British Sugarcraft Guild. Power pack. I was thinking if I should've considered going (besides the fact it would cost approximately RM3000 for about 3 days) cos it was all hands-on. Then I realised figurines weren't where my passion laid.

I want to do flowers. Life sized flowers. Then I want to do air-brushing. Till then, all else's gotta wait. I like Royal icing and I am proud to say that I did the 1st batch of Royal Icing at home alone! And it fluffed up just right! Everyone else in class today were saying they couldn't get it, so on, so forth. Okay i'm not being snobbish. I'm just proud I managed. AND, my flowers were pretty. Now I just need to figure my graduation piece. Think think think girl!

Butter Cream definitely tastes better but it doesn't stand as well as Royal Icing. Royal Icing is good for keeping. Yikes. Fondant up next. *shruggs

On a random note, I painted a layer of gold shine on my violets, violet leafs and apple blossom.
Now they're all shiny-winy!
*gleaming and clapping with joy*



For the bird which required colour flow, my first set of purple birds turned out pretty. My second set of blue birds? I forgot the white chest so I painted em orange (which didn't turn out all too well). Plus, this friend of mind insisted I painted them brown. Boy, the blue birds are yours on special request. Take the blue-brown/orange birds. Lol. The pink ones? Well, I suppose they don't look too bad. Too much pink, not enough borders and I think I kept the colour flow for a wee-bit too long.

I know they're not much but they're my first colour flow pieces ever. They puffed up like my instructor said it was supposed to! :) With no instructor, mind you. No instructor, you ask? Well, I left class early the last time. So I came home and whipped my own magic out of spite that is now replaced with love. :)

I saw the birds in class! They weren't as dainty and pretty as mineeeee!
*smiling from ear to ear*

Note to self. Don't move it when its not completely dry. It cracks up. *bitch. rolls eyes.


Yours truly.

No comments: