Friday, February 29, 2008

` cinderella



I PAINTED MY FLOWERS!

That's the indefinite power of Royal Icing. I love love love it.

So...

I had to bake two cakes last night, to stack and frost for my graduation cake.

Once again, I completely forgot to prepare a proportionate cake board. I never fail to forget the cake board! Ah... Must remember to remember.

Last year I remember my Instructor saying that I needed two recipes of buttercream icing to frost a cake. I cleverly thought that my cake this round was.. smaller? I had no idea how wrong I was to decide to make only one recipe. Why? Because I only managed to cream in between the two cakes so it would stack, not fall and frost the top of the cake! :( My cake was about five and a half to six inches tall! Not to mention, it was weirdly oval.

Oh. Did I mention that I only started frosting my cake at 1am? Yeah. At 1.30am, my kakak was already sleeping (like duh!). So, I had to wash up the beater, the bowls, the icer tip, get the ingredients out and all. I wanted so much to cry at that time because I felt so helpless and alone. After I whipped up one more recipe of buttercream icing, I completed the frosting for the rest of the cake. Oh. The joy. The joy of completing it all on my own. The Icer tip is so helpful I tell you! *Cheerful smile*

I went to bed with a light heart at 3am. Believe me, I'm not complaining. I was so happy that I finished the frosting and that I didn't have to rush it all today. Plus, the fact that I was in bed? Priceless. So I just went to sleep. :)

- Acapella version of Man in the Mirror played on Lite.fm right before I slept. :)


Daffodil
1. Six petals
2. Build a trumpet
3. Add the zig-zags on top of trumpet
4. Squeeze the tip of petals
5. PAINT

Alright. I had to stack it because we needed it tall enough so we could do the "basket weave". Apparently I was nearly the only idiot who baked and frosted such a tall cake!!! I mean.. Tall meaning more difficult basket weaving. Plus, we were only going to learn the basket weaving technique on the graduation day itself. Last night, I was so "kiasu"! I started trying it but I didn't know which horizontal line or which vertical line had to come first or second or what not. It was... Depressing. Turns out, it was more proportionate than anyone else's one in class. Plus the rope borders and all. -to be continued

At 6.30am I got up (feeling all nauseous) to send the girls to school.

Every morning, I walk out with my purse and cellphone. There's a catch to it. When I remember all that, I forget my car keys. Yes. Everyday. Okay. Never mind that. Today, I remembered my car keys! *here's where you clap*. When I was out of my housing area, I suddenly realised I didn't have my purse or cellphone.

No purse = No ID / drivers license
No cellphone? I cannot contact ANYONE if I happened to get into any trouble or accident!

What's worse than driving in your PAJAMAS after three hours of sleep, only to be greeted by rows and rows of flags by the various parties in plight to campaigning for the upcoming elections. 0.o? oh and here's the punch line. With NO ID or cellphone? :) Just grin and bear. Grin and bear. haha.

1oam, got my apps and student ID done up. 0.o Ask me again why I think we're meant to be. :)

LJ came by to my place at about one to re-prepare the dance moves for this audition we're going for tomorrow morning! haha. We're so last minute.

*yells* Step with left leggggg!

-continue
Rushed off when time came to go for class.

We learnt the basket weaving and rope techniques today. I didn't really practice it in class cos I did it at home last night. Kiasu (scared to lose) and Kiasi (scared to die). haha.

Normally, the spot where my partner and I sit, we get direct air con blows. Mind you, every class, we complain like anything. Today, everyone was so tensed, no one had any time to complain. Long story short, I didn't have the power or strength to do as much as I planned due to my lack of sleep and shaking hands from basket weaving my entire cake! Oh well, i'm to blame anyhoo! haha.

Nevertheless, I am happy with the results. Everyone in class commented how vibrant the colours of my flowers were. They liked the painting too! :) My former and present Instructor said I had one of the best colour flow birds they've ever seen. *Mine was definitely the prettiest, puffiest and neatest in class! Cos the rest either sunk in or smudged. :( Gosh i'm not bragging. A girl's got her right to be proud once in a while.



I'd say most of the class arranged the flowers better than I did.
Well, they do this for a living!
This is my hobby.
I still got the prettiest flowers! *sticks out tongues*
haha.



Thanks mom and sis for my magic box!


` i'll always be your cinderella

No comments: