Friday, March 06, 2009

` times like these


picture from Google


I really should be doing my statistics assignment (yay! So excited. Can't you sense the joy I seem to exude while i'm talking about assignments?) but I couldn't help but laugh to myself when I recalled reading this article I read in the Star last week or so. So like biasa, I got all itchy and Googled it and all. So hear I am, talking about that article and I will include the part that made me laugh most.

“The survey links the level of erection hardness to sexual satisfaction for men.” said Dr King during a roundtable discussion at a hotel here yesterday.

The level of erection hardness is measured in a scale of one to four using the Erection Hardness Score (EHS) developed by the European Association of Urology.

“Level one is like tofu where the male organ is large but not hard, level two is similar to a peeled banana where it’s not hard enough for penetration, level three is like an unpeeled banana where it’s hard enough for penetration but not completely, and level four is similar to a cucumber where it’s completely hard and fully rigid,” explained Dr King.

The men were required to evaluate themselves using the EHS during the survey and 40% of Malaysian men reported that they experienced erection below grade four.


*Bold fonts and colours were personally incorporated. Guys, which ones are you? haha

Eh kesian the other men in Malaysia. At least those of you experiencing tofus and peeled bananas know that you're not alone. You're pretty normal. hahahaha. And this one's a boost to the esteem of he who owns the cucumber. But then ...

In Malaysia, 102 men and 100 women were selected nationwide based onage, marital status, education level, and income to participate in the survey.

How is THAT representative? Because 40% of that 202 candidates you chose to survey have uh... tofu and bananas, you cannot generalize and categorize and assume that Malaysians sucks that badly right? What really caught my attention was the uh.. tofu, bananas and cucumber, AND that they only surveyed 202 people. My critical thinking teacher would bambu them to tell them it's bad to generalize, and that 202 will not be representative for the 25,274,132 (as of July 2008) people, which probably means, more now. But lets just say la okay ...

40/100 x 202
=80.8

80.8 of that surveyed bunch had issues with tofus and bananas
Which in turn means

80.8/25,274,132 x 100%
=(3.196944607 x 10^-4)%

(Round that up, you get)
0.00032%
0.00032% of the people in our country stood out to say they had issues with tofus and bananas then the headline besar-besar Malaysians not so hot in bedroom, and assume 40% (which is 10,109,652) Malaysians have same issues. haha. I super bising over things that don't even matter to me. Just thought of some numbers and how it was NOT REPRESENTATIVE and how the just GENERALIZED (which means you (who did the survey) or I could fail your freaking CTS exam). Ms. Chris taught me well. hahahaha. *cough

Then again, survey might be true. *pictures the boys laughing and sticking out pinky*


A surprisingly high number of Malaysians are not sexually satisfied, a survey by pharmaceutical company Pfizer has revealed.

Two out of three Malaysian men and three out of four women are not satisfied with their sex lives, the Asia-Pacific Sexual Health and Overall Wellness survey stated. Malaysians are ranked sixth among 13 countries but, if it’s any consolation, Singaporeans fared worse. They are in eighth spot.


Bad enough that we're doing badly, must we make fun of other people too? ahha. the heck?!? And to think, this came out in the local papers? I just stared dumbfounded by the "if it's any consolation" part ... hahaha.

hahahahaha. K I itchy so I must add this.

Because 80.8 (rounded up to 81, big difference) people have issues for sure (or imagine they do), why does it have to mean "surprisingly high number". How sure were they surveyors, that the other (10,109,652-81=) 10,109,571 people had similar (if not same) issues? They can't really speak for the general public, or can they? hmmm... But the Okay. This' getting boring. Till I think of something next.

For now, I'll just have to go back to my statistics assignment. =_=

Picture from Google

Just a thought.
*grins

Then again, what do I know? :)

ps. So, do you fall in the category of the 10,109,652? Lol.

1 comment:

Jorge said...

Thanks for the information lol. At least i learned something about categorizing the level of hardness hahaha.