Wednesday, October 15, 2008

` some hearts

Last weekend, there was this blood donation drive going on in my church. The PIHD (Parish Integral Human Development, i think) group organized it. On the way to my secluded and cleanest toilet around (or so we think so), I passed that room where they were having the blood donation drive. I saw my aunt in there so, naturally, I conveniently popped in to say hi. Then the dude in-charge was like "hi girl, you want to fill a form up too? *big smile that makes you feel uber guilty if you say no*". I was going to say yes, before this.

*flashback*

Last year, I was all excited that I was finally of age to contribute something else to society. Blood. In my head, I thought it was just going to be like when the doctor wants to extract blood from you, for blood tests, right? Cepat aje. Kelip mata then habis. So I was all prepped up for the thing. I had a few friends who were going for it too. Well, one die, all die together lah right? haha. Yes, I super mean. Plus, they say you get to rid the "dirty" blood in your system. haha. So, that was my first time actually being at an actual blood donation drive. I was quite excited. Silly me. That was also where I first saw a friend's bunch of friends who I deemed as pretty weird. I take that back. They turned out to be pretty decent people. Silly me, judging people by their outlook. Anyhoo, I had to fill this form in. I filled the entire thing then read the T&C. Suddenly I realized I didn't meet one of the requirements. I told myself this. They wouldn't know, even if I decided to go on with the blood donation, right? (I think that was my id at work - a theory Freud came up with). But this little thing said no. What if a catastrophe follows? Actually, it was more like "you wanna die or what?". Yeah. I was pretty chickened out. So I decided against it. So I watched the entire process of blood donation. Turned out, I was the most pale among em all by the end of it. haha. I think I would've rather not known, then I wouldn't have been that freaked out (maybe?). So yes. I have this thing against needles and blood. Even when I go visiting in the hospital, doctors tend to ask me if i'm alright and if it's me who needs treatment. Like yeah. Sigh. I super potong. But have you seen the freaking needle that they use to suck your blood ar? @#@%*&^%% so thick. *cries*

Now back to that blood donation drive at church. I told myself "Michelle, you can do this. Come on, everyone does it!?" *uncle still looking at me* Then I gave him my response. "Sorry uncle, I've got exams tomorrow". He kindly said alright and let me go.

Now that I think of it, I wonder if I said I had exams, as a defense mechanism, because deep down inside me, I am still very much afraid of it; or, was it really that I thought my exams were that important? I mean, I had exams the next day. I didn't just simply lie about that. But yeah. I think I said it out of my fear of it all.

My consolation? I spent four solid hours in Starbucks, sticking post-it notes all over their glass and I actually ot some stuff into my head for Psych. "The dehumanizing effect of a demeaning situation". :( yeah. Anyway, I will overcome this damned fear. One day, I will donate blood. One day. I'll let you know if the one day ever comes. :) hoho.


On a lighter note, the parents were out of town today so the sister and I cooked dinner for ourselves. :)

I made that! haha. I actually wanted to grab some random recipe off the net, but it started pouring pigs and cows. So, Rach and I decided to pick up one of mom's 2oo gazillion cook books to obtain some random recipe. heeee.

See mom, I told you I can cook, right? One more to add to the list of "i can cook... ", besides indo mee, tomyam mee, maggi mee, ibu mee, har mee, korean mee, cintan mee... *malu

:)

That's the visual provided by the recipe book, and the one in the bowl is mine, okay?

ma, we used fresh tomatoes.

*blech*

Can't imagine it. After all, tomatoes were one of my I-don't-likes. Then again, they required Basil! Which I so totally adore. Pesto spaghetti was our second choice, btw. Then again, mom makes such good Pesto, we'd kill ourselves if we even tried. =_=



The sister, on the other hand, has awesome cooking skills. *malu again*

She got this recipe online, for Rosemary Balsamic Chicken (which was really good, i'd say). My food palette is simply pleased, as long it surpasses the list of i-don't-likes. Chicken is on my I-like list. So yeah. I liked it alot. :)



For the two of us (cause Beatrice langsung tak layan the food), we had nuggets, Ceaser Salad, Rosemary Balsamic Chicken, yummy apple juice with apple cubes (haha) and (i-can't-remember-what-the-book-called-it) spaghetti. :) Those of you who know us well enough, Rach is sucha puny eater. Sigh. I think we cooked enough to feed an entire army.

Okay. That's all for now.

I know i've gotten all wordy, lately. I just feel very wordy nowadays. :) On a random note, I finally got all the album covers for 624 of all my 626 songs. Now they look so pretty in iTunes and my iPod. Yes, it had become an obsession to have album covers for em' songs.



:)

No comments: