Friday, October 10, 2008

` against all odds

I
Am
Back.


10 Reasons why I enjoyed this year's transition.
  1. L came over to surprise me with our whole "card-full-of-issues" and my favourite, coffee.
  2. People I forgot about (sorry) and lost contact with sent greetings. (?)
  3. The friends who were overseas. Well, i've already told you what I needed to. haha.
  4. Had a chance to have all the chocolate in the world at the chocolate shop, but decided otherwise.
  5. Went to Topshop, could've got anything, but decided on nothing.
    (I think it was damn awesome. You may not think so, but i'm so proud of myself. I think, if I wanted anything, at all, on that day, Mom would've got it for me. If given the exact same circumstances last year, I would've bought over Topshop and what not. I would've bought things I wanted, and not needed. Shop at MPH and Popular, buying all those funky note books that I collect, cos they're just all that pretty, and never use them, cos they're too pretty to be written on. *wtf right, I know. I had this OCD issue with pretty notebooks. I think I have overcome my impulsiveness. :) One leap forward. At least i'm not regressing, right?)
  6. I had my favourite cake in college (which Shaun used to ask Ms. D to prom with, btw ...)
  7. Blacks decided to try it differently and go Thai (and BIG) portions.
  8. It was a cupcake affair. (also, thanks Van and Aaron) People I haven't seen in ages suddenly popped up.
  9. P.A.T.H.O.L.O.G.Y. ... *secretly curses.
  10. There was only one thing I really wanted this year, and I got it. *grins*


haha. That dude was so nice.


So, I'm supposed to be studying when suddenly, I had this urge to blog. So here I am. Suddenly remembered SK's presentation last sem on the Law of Attraction. I think therefore I am. I think therefore I am. I think therefore I am. I can do this... *breathes. haha. I damn drama queen. And i'm really grumpy now, cos I feel like I need Starbucks just this badly, but i'm too lazy to drive there to get it. Actually, it's not that. I wanna go to Starbucks, prop my fat lazy butt there for the next two hours at least, without this laptop. Assuming that I don't meet anyone there, or get distracted with a shopping bargain that magically opens right next to Starbucks, I would get two hours of solid studying, at least. Yeah. That's the "ideal" situation la.


My comforter is just this tempting, and well, my laptop is full of this thing called music, which is calming and heavenly. Music is the only thing that cures my grumpiness. Chew asked, Michelle can get grumpy one ar? haha. You think? ... And btw, driving during Raya was like the best feeling, by far. I mean... Class at 8am, leave my house at 7.48am and I reach class before 8am? And daddy was driving all slow. Damn the jam.


Everyone should make this pact to take public transport. Less cars, public transport will be on time (hopefully), and then I won't jinx the weather to rain on me as and when I decide to take a bus home. Four times i've tried, it's rained every damned time! Back to public transport. If there were less cars, there'd be less jam, buses would be on-time, and everyone would be happy. Just buy more buses to satisfy the demand of the population. But people won't take buses if they had their vroom-vroom cars, would they?


Cos buses are like broken down old records that are trying to pick the speed up, revving their engines to the limit, but never reach the climax of the song.


Unless you take the freaking Konsortium bus that has been banned by the government.


Why? Cos the bus drivers think they own the roads, and all that. They drive like demons. Fast is one thing. Unstable is another. They drive those double deckers so quickly, you actually feel the bus swinging from left to right. I think i'm blessed that the two times I sat on the Konsortium, it didn't fall into some ravine or do a somersault. It'd be plain ugly, wouldn't it? Not funny la.


Once was when a group of us went to Penang. Was it? Or... I can't remember. But I remember nearly missing the bus with Laura, cos we were busy eating KFC and we had to run after that stupid bus at Pudu. The bus ticket said 4.30 and 4.25 the fella wanna leave. So not our fault. The second time, Laura and I were going to Penang, we were EARLY at Pudu, and we wore the same shirt (which coincidentally looked 90% similar to the freaking Konsortium bus people). So, they kept coming to talk to us, asking us about our shirts. Geez. Okay. So we were blessed that on both trips to and fro, which is four freaking bus rides in Konsortium, we were safe. Oh and in one, the bus was leaking. Remember? You know what's the best part of the bus ride? When they stop at Petronas, and we get our chocolate waffles. Yeah. We're just that hungry on all the bus trips. :) It just happens all the time.


What was I saying again? Bus drivers drive too slow. Then again, I don't think it's their fault. The buses are nearly broken down, most of the time. Oh wait. It's three trips, to and fro. The third was going to Langkawi. haha.

Remember taking the bus from Brisbane to Sydney? They stopped the bus at this stop and we quickly put on our seat belts, thinking they were gonna check us? But actually, they were checking the condition of the tires and the bus. Yeah. We were pretty surprised. Come on lah. One whole bus of Malaysians. In Malaysia, they don't really care if our bus does the mega flip over. haha. Oh and yes, the bus driver in Aussie was nice enough to not drop us off at Aquinas just like that, and freeze in the winter not-so-wonderland. Remember how the guys went out to check the weather, when Bryan Westerhout walked out of the bus and decided he needed a jacket, all of us silently went "oh shit". Don't deny it. haha. He damn kulit tebal, langsung tak sejuk and he needed a jacket. Lol.

Wow. I've got so much nonsense to blab about. Okay la. Times up. Gonna go "study" now, while I dream of what sitting in Starbucks right now, feels like. Bye! :)

No comments: