Saturday, May 10, 2008

` take five

I love CzipLee. Do you not know what CzipLee is? That's impossible! CzipLee is amazing.

Here's CzipLee for you. :)

Sorry if I sound somewhat like a CzipLee deprived child. I like CzipLee alot. :)
Will explain when I have time.

Now, next up, Mother's Day is tomorrow. Woohoo. Has anyone got anything ready? I'm barely there. Today, in all my "wisdom" and "knowledge" for cooking (which is equivalent to zilch, which is as good as zero), I decided to make a chicken pie! Fine. I'm not that bad. I'm just a drama queen when it comes to cooking. I can fry egg, fry rice and make perfect indo-mee. There. Happy? Yeah I know. Funny how i'm still standing and the kitchen isn't half burnt yet, and my chicken pie is sitting on the table, waiting for mom to wake up.

You see, my mom was supposed to be out today. BUT, she suddenly came back halfway when I was making this "chicken pie" to surprise her la. Then obviously it wasn't a surprise anymore la. The surprise was "Why you suddenly cooking one?". Yeah. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, i'm no pro at cooking, but here's a quick and simple fix I gathered after looking through about 10 websites. Yeah. The things I do. *rolls eyes x5*

It only took me about two hours (preparation and baking time). Amazing, I tell you. :)


Ingredients:
1 can of Campbell Mushroom soup
1/2 an onion
1 potato
1 can of corn (or you can get fresh ones=more time)
Chicken breast meat

The ingredients above are based on what I put in, not according to precise/perfected measurements.

Cut the chicken into small 1inch strips (don't know the appropriate word). Dice the potatoes and onions to the size of your choice or convenience. Boil the potatoes. While waiting, fry the onions and chicken (make sure it's not bloody). After all is ready, prepare the can of mushroom soup. Add 1/2 a can of water to it. Heat it up then mix in the potatoes, onions, corn and chicken.

Pour everything into a Pyrex dish of some sort and let it cool before covering the top with puff pastries. Ready made puff pastries are available nearly everywhere. Plus, it's no hassle and absolutely yummy. :)

Bake the "pie" in a preheated oven at 200degrees. Set the timer for 20 minutes. Work from there to see what colour you want your pastry to be. Please don't be as ambitious as I was to go 25 minutes. Bit too brown.


Btw, if you noticed that certain parts are "shinny", it can be achieved by brushing some egg yolk on the ready made puff pastry after you cover the to-be-pie. :)

I can't believe I baked a pie today. *bimbo giggles*

Then again, it's my first time, so i'm not complaining. Best part is, mom's keeping pie for dinner tonight. Haha. uh oh. o.0 Lets see how it goes. :(


p.s. If my terminology is not right, please have mercy. :p
Happy Mother's Day, you guys. :)

Love you, Ma!

1 comment: