Thursday, October 18, 2007

` get rich quick & cupcakes help

or die trying. ok. Don't question the title. I'm feeling somewhat nonsensical today. I haven't blogged in days. Well, here's a quickie of what has happened in the past few days (in which before the exams approached, i swore in the name of chocolates that i would Study).

no wait. i will skip everything and go to the fresh, new and exciting part. It was Godpa's birthday on Monday (15th Oct). I bought him some funky pen (and engraved his name on it) with Fung How's help at MV. Godpa was ecstatic (apparently). When i got home, my youngest sister (who shares the same God father as me) came to me and said "I told godpa you're gonna bake him a cake!" ahhhhh.. okay..

so next day, I bake a cake to ice with this new set of colours from Wiltons
BUT, i iced the cake pink, then thought it would be kinda gay. So, i re-iced it with a mocha brown. Then it looked okay-ish. Until i spelt "birthday" as "birtday". That was the last straw. So i iced the balance cupcakes to give godpa. Lol.


The Wiltons colourings are abit pricey but they give a tinge of shine that normal food colouring does not give. I'm still new to it so forgive my spastic colours. Haha. And worse still, my amateur icing. tsk.

Okay. So that was "trial"#1. I was pretty "excited". So excited that i actually called Anne's mom and told her i'd get her cake done. *sobs* As they always say, easier said than done.

The next day i was gonna bake for Anne's birthday! wheeee~

The day was a total rush. Long story short, i only got home at 1pm. I had to finish baking and icing by 5pm (Anne's surprise party) OR there wouldn't be a cake/wtv it is i was gonna make. =_= grrrr...

Since i had no assistance (except from mom who helped me bake), explains why there're no pics. haha. But here's the end product. Pretty messed up. But i tried okay! I'm glad everyone liked it. =)


These are butter cupcakes with butter icing. I had only 5 colours to play around with. I kinda got lazy to mix and make more colours. They were all supposed to be pastel shaded BUT the dark pinkish-purple-ish one just came up. =) Its my favourite. Plus, i was lazy to change the nozzles of the piping bags. Thus, resulting to this. Wait. i wasn't exactly lazy, but i was running short of time!



Oh! I forgot to take pics of em before i stuck the candles in. Yeah. That's how rushed everything was okay! sobs.


Food for thought, literally.
check out the spread!


Did i mention that Anne cried when we all popped her the surprise?
It was amazing and priceless, the moment.
I was so contented knowing how happy she was. =)

(L-R) KK, Anne and Nab
her college friends who so totally left her the whole day, pissed her off, made the surprise an even bigger surprise. =)

pre-lighting of birthday cuppy cakes

all fired up to face the next 18 (and more) years in life!

Carrine and Marianne

blame Anne's mom!

ANYONE WANT ANY CUPPPYYY CAKESSSSSSS????? =)

No comments: