Wednesday, June 10, 2009

` something about you

No kidding. The Malaysian Apple store (online) put this # where we could "hubungi kami dalam Bahasa Melayu" - so I called.

The recorded message that I had to put up with was a complete underachievement (understatement actually) for a company as massive as Apple. Damn shy. =_= I'm a Malaysian and I feel so geli already. Why couldn't you find someone who could speak a little better English - after all, it's a recorded message and it wouldn't take that much of effort finding someone with a slightly better command of the spoken language.

Then a girl, named X picked up my call after putting me on hold for four songs long. SHE SOUNDED LIKE A KOREAN OR JAPANESE TRYING TO EXPLAIN ENGLISH TO SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. It's a scam. hmph. She talked to me in her very thick accent as if I were a six year old - very slow and machine-like, like I was stupid *pfft - only with a weird Asian accent. LOL.

Reminds me of the video we watched in class where Americans were losing their jobs to people in India; Indians (from India) had to go for lessons to speak with American accents before they could work in a call center. Maybe the call center I called was in Korea or something. BLAH.

******************************************

On a lighter note, today I went to school to support Nanda's group - screening this movie produced by Komas - "Gaduh" *click link for details on next screening*. It was quite nice. Watch it okay! Anw, this Ian and Hong were being all act-smart. I had this questionnaire on HIV/AIDS and they took it and started circling all the answers for me. Mana tau one wrong - and I didn't get the magnet - WHY CAN'T YOU ALL PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE?

WHY?

2 comments:

Nanda Kumar said...

michelle!... i remembered your blog name... finally!... after weeks of cracking my head!.... your inspiring me to start a blog!... BTW!... NO ONE'S MY SIZE!... THEY ALL PICK ON ME!

missmi-chelle said...

you.could.have.just.asked.me.right? haha. no one's my size and they pick on me too :(